That Lawyer Dude to my Anonymous Grammarian: Good Grammer Ain't My Goal

In a comment on the last post a poster posted:

Anonymous said...

Uh, why do you capitalize words that needn't be so? Why do you you write run-on sentences?

As an attorney you really should know proper grammar. This is kind of disturbing to read--for the crimes against written English, not for the content.


In response, did you look at the time it was posted? After a long day in Depositions I got to sit down at the computer and put together a rather long post, which I thought was one of my better ones. I was trying to explain how I came to be part of the Sex Worker's Rights movement, on the day (The International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers)it was being recognized. I was, in fact, rushing, and I was not careful. That however is a cop out. What is "more real" is that I am a horrible writer and a worse typist. I am however a pretty good editor when I have the time. Sometimes I do, and other times I don't. If grammar is your thing, don't read this blog on any regular basis. It just isn't my thing. If understanding my take on the world and specifically on crime is why you're here, then please go easy on the grammar stuff. My feelings are easily wounded...NOT!!

BTW Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It is nice to know someone reads this stuff.

If you would like to read comments that have less grammar than my pnsts follow me at www.twitter.com/thatlawyerdude